Sunday 28 February 2010

Fragmented face



The experience of having silicon painted over one's face is predictably disorientating. Mid-way through the hour of motionless silence I found myself questioning the purple glow through my eyelids – wondering if they were closed tightly enough... is it possible to squeeze eyelids shut while maintaining a relaxed facial expression? 
This experiment is part of the visual investigation of identities in continuous flux. Hopefully I'll manage to be more blog conscientious throughout the project.
Many thanks to Nic Brookes for all the tips and tricks plus allowing me the use of his sculpture workshop at CSM. Further gratitude to James White and Tim Foster for giving their time and skills to reproducing my face – it was a far more demanding task than anticipated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment